Sunday, August 17, 2014

Since it will be a couple of weeks until I get a key component, I decided to hold off on removing my back seat and start work on the dash mount and to do some more reading. I soon found out that the speakers I planned on installing (JL 6W3v3-4's) would not work and since I would end up getting a DSP eventually I decided to read some more about them. 

Once I found out that the rear speakers I choose were too deep, I looked into other options before I settled on the JL Stealthbox and since I would no longer be using the rear speakers, I'm hoping to purchase this pre made seat delete from Euro Kreations instead of building my own. Since no one will be sitting in the rear, I am toying with the idea of re-ducting the air from the rear vents into the seat delete to circulate air around the amps.

The key component I am missing is the Audio Control EQX, which I have now decided against. After reading about several DSP's and their advantages, I've decided to step it up and replace the EQX with an Audison Bit Ten D. I now intend to run USB Audio into the DAC, which will feed the Bit Ten via optical cable. This will allow me to power the driver that came with the C5-653's separate from the mids and tweets.  


Over the next two weeks I will primarily be working on the dash mount and getting my tablet back in order. Unless I decide to build a seat delete, posts regarding the Nexus install will be brief, but I may do some minor cosmetic mods to the car which I will post about. Thanks for reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment